Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Kenya

Multiview postcard showing  various animals common to the Kenyan savanna. Many thanks to fellow postcard blogger David, of Postcards A World Travelogue for sending this to me during his East African holiday.

Stamps from a set of 100 (!!) commemorating Kenya's independence from the United Kingdom in 1963. Stamp on the left features the current President and Deputy President. President Kenyatta is actually being indited for crimes against humanity by in International Criminal Court in the Hague for his alleged role in post-election violence in 2007 where over 1000 people are estimated to have been killed. – Maybe not the best person to put on a stamp, if you ask me. Stamp on the right features a rather less controversial pair, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip in 1953.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Friend ,

    I hope you are fine . I appreciate your hobby of collecting postcards .
    I collect postcards & first day covers ( Fdc ) . Can you send postcards for me?
    I will be very pleased .
    Email me : rotonkaka@accamail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Always happy to help a fellow collector when I can. :-)

    I've sent you a message to the address indicated.

    Cheers and happy collecting!

    ReplyDelete